What is the UCPath Campus Support Center?
The UCPath Campus Support Center (CSC) will be dedicated to providing cross-functional UCPath support to the campus community. The CSC will work in collaboration and alongside Business Financial Services, Academic Personnel, Human Resources Financial Planning & Analysis, and Information Technology Solutions on UCPath initiatives and issue resolution. The CSC will provide support, training and services to the campus Shared Service Centers, transactional units, organizational units, departments, central offices, faculty, staff and non-faculty academic employees. The CSC will work in close partnership with the UCPC, campus Shared Service Centers and other central functional areas including the Graduate Division and Labor Relations.
What is UCPath?
The UCPath project is the largest shared services effort in higher education nationwide. It includes the replacement of Payroll & Personnel System (PPS) instances with a single PeopleSoft implementation called the UCPath system. In addition, a central systemwide shared services organization, the UCPath Center (UCPC), will be implemented to support core human resources, academic personnel and payroll services.
UCPath represents a significant transformation in the way UC works and handles HR and payroll services:
- Streamlined processes
- Processes that are standardized, streamlined and common/systemwide
- Approximately 100 processes in the areas of payroll, benefits, finance/GL integration, absence management, compensation, and human resources/workforce administration
- Shared services center: UCPath Center
- A shared services center that processes certain HR/payroll transactional work
- In Riverside, CA
- Will likely employ up to 415 people by the time it is fully operational
- Powerful technology (PPS replacement)
- A single, new payroll and human resources technology system
- For use by UC employees and managers, as well as staff at the UCPath shared services center