Open Enrollment starts October 31st!
Learn more about your 2020 Open Enrollment options this year by joining a one hour interactive webinar covering:
•2020 eligibility and plan changes
•How-to/Demo of UCPath self-service
Register for a webinar:
•You will receive a registration confirmation email with the webinar details.
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
New profile options in UCPath
UC employees have new options for updating their personal profiles in UCPath. For more information click here.
There are many UC deployments set to deploy throughout 2020. We are working to minimize disruption to campus by working proactively to address issues that may arise. In the meantime, we are trying to set the campus up for
long term success with UCPath. In order to do this UCR is planning to move from a UCPath pilot project structure to a UCPath long term operational structure.
On Monday, August 19, 2019, initiators, approvers, and super users began to see a new and enhanced FICA module in the UCPath system. Additionally, an automatic “FICA exemption” status for student employees has also taken place upon hire, rehire, or key data changes. Below is a list of FAQs about this change.
Why was the FICA module in UCPath redesigned?
- UCPath is dedicated to improving the student employee pay experience by minimizing errors as well as limiting the amount of time-consuming manual transactions made by initiators, approvers, and super users on campus.
- This change was implemented to help ensure that the proper “FICA exemption” for all student employee paychecks are accurate. In the past, there have been several instances where the FICA has been incorrectly assessed resulting in overpayments and underpayments.
What are the UCPath system updates?
- Automatic default for students to “FICA exemption” status upon hire, rehire, or key data changes.
- The “Person Profile” page is updated to include student units (access to page is dependent on EACS role).
- A new “Academic Session Schedule” page to view information regarding academic sessions and student employee file due dates (access to page is dependent on EACS role).
- Change in file submission frequency:
- File submission will be based on locations’ academic session and synchronized with payroll processing dates in place of a daily file.
What is the student employee impact?
· More accurate pay and fewer underpayments.
· There may be a potential negative impact creating a small number of overpayments. This could affect students who are not enrolled in a minimum number of units and have not changed to FICA non-exempt status.
How is the campus monitoring this change?
· A campus test and review team with members from the UCPath Campus Support Center (CSC), Business Financial Services (BFS), Information Technology Solutions (ITS), Student Information Systems , Graduate Division and the Registrar have partnered with the UCPC to test this new functionality and put measures in place to monitor and mitigate any issues.
What training and informational materials are available?
· The UCPC and the CSC are producing training materials that will be available to users who have access to the system.
· These FAQ’s and training materials will be posted to the CSC website at ucpath.ucr.edu