What is FOM|UCPath?
The UCPath project is the largest shared services effort in higher education nationwide. It includes the replacement of Payroll & Personnel System (PPS) instances with a single PeopleSoft implementation called the UCPath system. In addition, a central systemwide shared services organization, the UCPath Center (UCPC), will be implemented to support core human resources, academic personnel and payroll services.
FOM|UCPath's Alignment with Mission
FOM|UCPath aligns with UCR's vision of Organizational Excellence by creating business efficiencies to maximize the resources available for teaching, research and public service.
By implementing modern technology and tools for managing UCR's workforce; simplifying and standardizing HR, payroll and academic personnel administrative processes; improving efficiency and service quality through new approaches to service delivery; and encouraging a better environment for conducting business with a motivated workforce, FOM|UCPath will deliver the following positive impacts to UCR departments and organizational units:
- Provides a framework for more effective delivery of administrative services through uniform, optimized processes
- Helps address the issue of limited future funding for administrative support
- Promotes UCR's focus on its educational and research mission
- Creates administrative support capacity and limits cost increases associated with future campus growth
- Optimally align UCR's business operations by simplifying campus interactions with the UCPC
- Strengthens Organizational Excellence through a culture of collaboration
Benefits of FOM|UCPath
To fulfill our strategic vision of Organizational Excellence, UCR has embarked on a campuswide effort to re-engineer key business processes that will optimize service delivery, create efficiencies and incorporate industry best practices.
When Will FOM|UCPath Launch?
Because UC is a complex organization with more than 200,000 employees across 20 locations, UCPath will be launched as a series of deployments. Each deployment group consists of four to five locations. This approach allows time for system tests and imporvements between deployments. UCPath is scheduled to be live at all locations by the end of 2018.
UCR is a pilot campus and among the first slated for deployment of UCPath, along with UC Los Angeles (UCLA), UC Merced and Associated Students UCLA (ASUCLA). The first phase of FOM is going to launch simultaneously with UCPath. The remaining phases will continue thereafter.
For the latest deployment updates, visit ucpathproject.ucop.edu.